Friday, June 27, 2008

Day 51 (CD40 - 8DPO)

Though I appreciate the benefits nearly every day, there are some days when I am particularly glad that I use the fertility awareness method of birth control. Today is one of those days.

I am on cycle day 40. If I had no idea about how my body worked, I would think that there was something very wrong with me for not having a 28 day cycle. But because I am aware of my body's natural signs and keep track of my menstrual cycles, I know that this isn't completely abnormal for me.

My average cycle length is 34 days. If I were not using the fertility awareness method, I would likely be freaking out, worrying myself sick, and spending an exorbitant amount of money on home pregnancy tests, cursing them all because, well, if I'm not pregnant, than why isn't my period here yet? I may even turn into one of those women on Yahoo answers asking complete strangers whether or not I was pregnant and panicking about what I was going to do if I actually was.

In reality, however, I do use the fertility awareness method, so I know that my body did not ovulate until CD32 (ten days later than usual). So instead of stressing out, I'm calmly sitting here sipping raspberry leaf tea in preparation for my period which won't be arriving for at least another five days.

It's the little things that make me happy.

No comments: