Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Day 14 (CD3)

I'm psyched. This chart is out to a great start, with another 97.1 this morning, just like yesterday. It's a bit lower than my usual pre-ovulatory temps (which usually hover right around 97.4), but it doesn't really matter to me as long as they're consistent.

I've been falling asleep so much more quickly, and I only remember waking up once last night with my eye mask slid up over my forehead. Other than that, I had a really restful sleep until the alarm went off.

I've also requested a separate Lunaception cycle gallery on the Ovusoft website. I'm hoping to help encourage others using Lunaception to post their charts there as well so that there will be one place where people can go to see what difference it has made in others' cycles. Perhaps it will encourage people who have cycle issues (such as short luteal phases, erratic temperatures, anovulatory cycles etc) to at least try out Lunaception before resorting to other solutions that may actually mess up their cycles more. For instance:
  • hormonal birth control pills to "regulate" cycles -- often take awhile for body to regulate afterwards and have many various side effects depending on type and dosage
  • Clomid to encourage ovulation -- can cause a lack of cervical mucus, as well as minor side effects like mood swings, insomnia, nausea, depression, or weight gain
  • B6 supplements for longer luteal phases -- can delay ovulation, as well as cause fatigue or loss of appetite
Just something to think about if you're considering one of those (or many other options) to aid fertility.

No comments: