Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Day 21 (CD10)

My temperature this morning was quite a bit lower than my temps have been so far. It's been awhile since I've had any temps below 97.0. Normally I probably wouldn't have even noticed a 0.2-0.4 degree fluctuation like I had today, but since my other temps have been so even, it's hard not to notice such a dip. I've always insisted that environment (using a heavier blanket, sleeping with windows open, etc) really didn't make that much of a difference in basal body temperatures, and up until this point it really hasn't seemed to make a difference. But then I have a temp like this morning's and I know for a fact that the windows were left open last night and when I woke up I felt physically cold, and it makes me wonder how much of a difference it really does make. 0.2-0.4 really isn't very much -- enough that I may not have noticed a real difference before, but it would be enough to make a difference in interpretation right around the time of ovulation.

Noting my other signs, I did have quite a bit of internal, creamy cervical mucus this morning, but nothing externally. My cervix felt firm, low, and partially open. I'm finding more and more that "partially open" for me is quite normal and not necessarily "fertile." They say that after a vaginal birth, a woman's cervix only closes as much as "partially open," but I find very rarely does mine ever fit the description of "closed." But that's just a side note, I guess.

So, I guess we wait to see what tomorrow brings.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I find that my cervix is rarely "closed" prior to ovulation. It usually closes after though. I guess it opens partly for AF, but then never closes up again.

WNK said...

Huh... I think now I'll have to pay more attention to my post-ovulation cervical feel to see if it does close up. I checked back and last month it felt like it did a few days after ovulation, but I didn't keep checking after ovulation was verified.