Friday, May 23, 2008

Day 16 (CD5)

Well, will you look at that? Another 97.1. That makes three out of my last five days. I wracked my brain trying to think of some reason why yesterday's would have been off. I did sleep in a half-hour later, but in the past I've found that a half-hour doesn't really effect my temperatures at all. Oh, well, at least it's still fairly consistent.

We haven't been doing a good job actually getting up at 6am anymore, though. I think we hit the alarm six times this morning. It could be because of added stresses; it could be because we've been staying up later. So, we're going to try to get to bed earlier and hopefully we'll be able to be bright and cheery and wide awake at 6am again.


Also, you might notice I added another article to the Luna-Links on the right side of the page. I ran across "Dr. Winnifred Cutler's 1980 study of the lunar cycle's influence on menstrual cycles published in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology" (it's a mouthful, I know) and found some of their findings to be very interesting, such as:
  • Despite what we have been told about "normal" cycles, the average menstrual cycle is not actually 28 days; it's actually about 29.5 -- the exact same length as one cycle of the moon.
It seems unlikely that this would be a coincidence. The question that follows, though, is whether all women are intended to menstruate and ovulate in accordance with moon cycles, or if there are women who with the elimination of all night-lighting would still naturally have cycles that stretch out to 34+ days (like mine do now). Is the age-old over-generalization that "all women ovulate on CD14 and have 28-day (or, 29.5-day) cycles" really closer that we'd like to admit to what nature intended? Should us late ovulators who have always insisted "my body just doesn't work like that; I've always ovulated later than CD14" take a second-look at our cycles and consider that perhaps our bodies don't just naturally work like that? It's an interesting thought, and one which I hope to discover the answer to.

No comments: